Skip to main content

Learning Illustration: 3 : Pencil strokes ( Adobe Illustrator )

 This blog is going to be super short and precise. I am exhausted. Real-life has ups and downs and then working on my youtube channel and the drawing Insta page. Lots to do, so less time.

Anywho, the next day of the class from Envato Tuts+, we were taught in-depth stuff about the strokes. Strokes of Pencil to be exact. But the strokes would work the same way for every other tool. 

Loved making the strokes with my Huion tablet. The knowledge our teacher Mr. Dan was giving on the strokes were vital. 


Looks super neat right? This opens up the door for making lots of cool posters and web prints. While we were taught to use different brush tools and opening up other brush presets with different stroke patterns, in the next one he taught us to manipulate stroke gaps and create dash and dotted lines. Super cool. Let me show the product:


That summed up the class. For the homework, we were given two photos. "Use your imagination and draw the strokes as you please", Mr Dan said while ending the class, "The first photo in the class we did, was an Angel. So for the homework try to make the pug a 'Devil' for fun, and the 2nd photo try to add a plane as it's about travelling. Just do what you wanna do".
So, the devil pug and the second photo with strokes and a airplane follows:


I like how it turned out to be for a beginner like me.
Also, I wanted to make a sky themed random drawing. The main motive is to end searching for a royalty-free background image. When I used to make a collage for insta pages and other projects, I always needed free background images and frames. Well, I would like to minimise the downloads with my own made-up images. 
How's this for the starter?

I also used this image for the post of my insta page. I will share the work here in the next blog.
Till then, adios! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning Illustration with YouTube: My Journey in Adobe Illustration : 1

So I have been making some logos for a while now. But it's incomplete without learning to make it the proper way. And there comes the Vector Art. Installed Adobe Illustration. Had to go for the cc6 version as my pc runs on win 8.1 and the newer versions require the pc to be on windows 10. (God I hate win 10).  So later I came to the realisation that the cc6 and the older versions are incapable of turning the corners of an object to rounded ones. One must copy the shape, transform it to a rounded cornered one from the drop-down window, use the tool "Slice" and replace the target. If it's going over the head for some people, bear with me, please.  I had to install the newer version cc 17. I think that is the latest update as far as it doesn't ask you to have your windows upgraded to 10 but it comes with a new feature. The 'rounding corner option' introduced from this version turned to be a saviour and let you bypass all the 'to-dos' tasks mentioned e

Making Cartoon Aeroplanes for a game in Playstore

 My brother is seriously a workaholic. Sometimes I worry about him for his disregard for foods while working. Whenever he takes a leave or have a holiday, he sits in front of the laptop, starts working on codings for rest of the day. He makes apps for android devices. I must say, I found the apps quite good for someone who's only experienced for a year. I am proud of him. I love the passion for learning. It helps us grow. Anyway, so my bro has made this game. The game is in the alpha stage. Although it's already in the Playstore  (click to check) , he is changing a whole lot of the game. That includes the core design of the models. It's a fun casual a-good-time-killing game that involves a mini plane that flies on an endless loop. The player has to dodge the obstructions as they fly and collect points.  My bro Sour knows that I am learning to draw and create vector models. He gave me a project on making the model of the aeroplane, but with 5 diff colours. Red, Blue, Green,

Learning Illustration: 4 : Colour Swatches and Gradient ( Adobe Illustrator )

Writing this down before I hit the bed. Just watched a movie with Winnie, "The Croods". I had already seen the movie years ago. But I wanted her to watch it. Anyway, I am getting off-topic,  This would be a short and fast catch up on the illustration class as it's getting late. So much to do, so much to learn, so little time. In the class by  EnvatoTuts+ , Mr Dan taught us things about colour swatches. It was all about colours. The usage of colour swatches for faster colouring. Adding customised colours to the swatches. And the most interesting one was the colour theme which uses the adobe cloud and shows a variety of colour combinations for a vibrant and eye-catching result. The community's most picked and voted colour combinations and adding them to the colour swatches can bring life to a dull illustration.  And for people who don't like adobe clouds, we were given websites where we can pick other good colour combinations as well. And we were asked to fill colou