Skip to main content

Making Cartoon Aeroplanes for a game in Playstore

 My brother is seriously a workaholic. Sometimes I worry about him for his disregard for foods while working. Whenever he takes a leave or have a holiday, he sits in front of the laptop, starts working on codings for rest of the day. He makes apps for android devices. I must say, I found the apps quite good for someone who's only experienced for a year. I am proud of him. I love the passion for learning. It helps us grow.

Anyway, so my bro has made this game. The game is in the alpha stage. Although it's already in the Playstore (click to check), he is changing a whole lot of the game. That includes the core design of the models. It's a fun casual a-good-time-killing game that involves a mini plane that flies on an endless loop. The player has to dodge the obstructions as they fly and collect points. 
My bro Sour knows that I am learning to draw and create vector models. He gave me a project on making the model of the aeroplane, but with 5 diff colours. Red, Blue, Green, Yellow and Grey/Black. 

While it was kind of challenging for a new artist like me, it was full of learning scopes. I started the base design like this.

As I liked the design quite a bit, I coloured it out. 


             The next job was to create a Pilot and attach it with the plane. The outcome was pleasant. I would like to thank my friend Winnie Shweta for the help with suggestions on the appearance the pilot should possess. 


Yeh, I quite liked it. The next day I had to create 4 different colours for the same plane. While working on it, I noticed some defects. As the machinegun of the plane had no hole and was slightly misaligned. The blades were less choppy etc. So I had to fix them all. Took me about half of the day and came up with these. 

Yes, I recoloured the pilot according to the plane's theme. I have used the background I made in my last blog. (If you have not read the last blog, I will not request you to do so. I will rather ask you to go and do so.) This is one kind of collage I made with all 5 models together. I posted this in my Insta as well. 

While it all looks cool and winsome. My bro's reaction was "Cute" and not adequate for my satisfaction. I asked him if he'd like to have another set of pilots and if yes then what kind. Another set of pilots would only complement the game and players love having cosmetic options for their avatars.
Sour said to create some basic pilot with more professional looking and with less cuteness.
I cracked up.

Started up with another design for the pilot.
Does this look more professional and less cute to you? Haha. I guess so. After being approved, started working on the colours and the light and shadows. Trust me when I say this. Colouring and creating light and shadow is the most fun part of all the projects. 



Man, I would be convinced if I were Sour and making a racing game instead of an Aeroplane game, and Dex would give me the same model for a racing driver. Doesn't he look like a Formula 1 driver as well?
The only thing that's missing is the 100s of stickers printed on the driver's suit. 
Jokes apart, I was satisfied with both my work and Sour's reaction this time.
He loved it!!

After attaching him with the plane, my job was to recolour the planes and the pilot in 5 diff colours.
I will end the day's blog with the final product attached at the end. Tell me in the comment or in my Insta handle if you have liked the planes, and which plane (colour) and the pilot looks the best to you? Till we meet again. Cha cha. Keep learning keep improving! And make sure to try out the game here when it's fully done developing.







 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning Illustration with YouTube: My Journey in Adobe Illustration : 1

So I have been making some logos for a while now. But it's incomplete without learning to make it the proper way. And there comes the Vector Art. Installed Adobe Illustration. Had to go for the cc6 version as my pc runs on win 8.1 and the newer versions require the pc to be on windows 10. (God I hate win 10).  So later I came to the realisation that the cc6 and the older versions are incapable of turning the corners of an object to rounded ones. One must copy the shape, transform it to a rounded cornered one from the drop-down window, use the tool "Slice" and replace the target. If it's going over the head for some people, bear with me, please.  I had to install the newer version cc 17. I think that is the latest update as far as it doesn't ask you to have your windows upgraded to 10 but it comes with a new feature. The 'rounding corner option' introduced from this version turned to be a saviour and let you bypass all the 'to-dos' tasks mentioned e

Learning Illustration: 4 : Colour Swatches and Gradient ( Adobe Illustrator )

Writing this down before I hit the bed. Just watched a movie with Winnie, "The Croods". I had already seen the movie years ago. But I wanted her to watch it. Anyway, I am getting off-topic,  This would be a short and fast catch up on the illustration class as it's getting late. So much to do, so much to learn, so little time. In the class by  EnvatoTuts+ , Mr Dan taught us things about colour swatches. It was all about colours. The usage of colour swatches for faster colouring. Adding customised colours to the swatches. And the most interesting one was the colour theme which uses the adobe cloud and shows a variety of colour combinations for a vibrant and eye-catching result. The community's most picked and voted colour combinations and adding them to the colour swatches can bring life to a dull illustration.  And for people who don't like adobe clouds, we were given websites where we can pick other good colour combinations as well. And we were asked to fill colou